The Dump Veolia group are UK-based campaigners against Veolia and act as a point of contact for Dump Veolia BDS campaigners in the UK. They aim to provide campaigners with information, assistance, advice, activist tools, legal analysis and factual updates about Veolia and its activities in Occupied Palestine. Email if you need help. To keep track of local campaigns please let the group know when you start one and how it progresses. Brief monthly digest will be produced on campaign progress and relevant developments. Email if you want to be put on the email list to receive it.
Veolia is a French multinational involved in waste management, water and transport, with subsidiary companies all over the world. It prides itself on its high ethical standards and respect for the law. Yet its business activities in Jerusalem and the West Bank directly serve Israel’s occupation and its settlements – settlements that are illegal under international law. Veolia is therefore complicit in, and directly profits from, Israel’s ongoing colonisation of Palestinian land that breaches international humanitarian law as expressed in the 4th Geneva Convention.
- Veolia is part of a consortium which operates the Jerusalem Light Railway connecting illegal Israeli settlements to west Jerusalem. Veolia also runs bus routes which connect illegal Israeli settlements to Israel and west Jerusalem.
- Palestinians are not allowed to use Veolia-operated buses, which connect the illegal Israeli settlements, over substantial lengths of their routes.
- Veolia’s record on non-discrimination is poor; in 2010 it placed job adverts for the Jerusalem Light Railway which were racist, deliberately worded to discourage Palestinian citizens of Israel from applying for or being eligible for jobs
- Veolia is involved in taking waste from Israel and illegal Settlements and dumping this on stolen Palestinian land.
The Palestinian Boycott Divestment and Sanctions National Committee has asked people of conscience across the world to boycott Veolia, a call which we endorse.
The Dump Veolia Group
Route of the Jerusalem Light Railway (in blue) in relation to the Green Line and the Wall (in red)
Route of the Jerusalem Light Railway in relation to the Green Line, showing stops
Latest News and Articles on Veolia Campaign
- Links to Veolia Campaigns February 20, 2014Veolia Dump Veolia is a group of UK-based campaigners against Veolia which acts as a point of contact for Dump Veolia BDS campaigners in the UK. We aim to provide campaigners with information, assistance, advice, activist tools, legal analysis and factual updates about Veolia and its activities in Occupied Palestine. For more information, go to- http://www.dumpveolia.org.uk/ www.facebook.com/pages/Stop-Veolia/369471779743604
- Another victory against Veolia after a long-running US campaign December 1, 2013From the Dump Veolia website The We Divest coalition joins workers, environmentalists, and corporate accountability organizations in congratulating pension fund giant TIAA-CREF for removing Veolia Environnement SA stock (VIE:EN Paris) from its Social Choice Funds portfolio. In July 2013, TIAA-CREF’s website showed over $1.2 million in Veolia shares for its Social Choice Funds. Today it shows zero. TIAA-CREF ...
- Global Water Intelligence errs on Veolia Transdev deal March 16, 2013(PS: See the response from Anna Baltzer, below this one) Greg Dropkin writes: A recent article in Global Water Intelligence acknowledges the impact of the international BDS campaign against Veolia, but claims that the company is merely a convenient focus rather than an appropriate target for solidarity with Palestine. GWI publisher Christian Gasson claims that “In October last year they signed a deal ...
- Amid stiff opposition, Israel occupation profiteer Veolia abandons big London waste bid in final stage December 21, 2012Amid stiffening opposition, Israel occupation profiteer Veolia has withdrawn its bid for a major contract in London in the final stages of the process. “The North London Waste Authority has received notification from Veolia Environmental Services that they will not be submitting final tenders for either NLWA’s waste services or fuel use contracts,” said a 21 December statement from the ...
- Veolia to end sponsorship of major UK photography exhibition December 11, 2012Campaigners against the business practices of French multinational Veolia are celebrating after the company announced it is ending its sponsorship of the prestigious and internationally acclaimed Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition. For three years regular protests were organised outside the Natural History Museum in London and other venues in the UK which hosted the touring version ...