BIN Media Contacts
We are a signatory to the 'Together Against Prevent' statement that says:
- We recognise and condemn the damage that Prevent’s “spot the potential terrorist” approach has made primarily in stigmatising and criminalising entire Muslim communities, but also to a growing number of political activists and campaigners labelled with ill-defined terms like “non-violent extremist” or “domestic extremist”.
- We view Prevent as a policy that is based on insufficient evidence to support the flawed assumption that 'extremist' ideology opposed to subjective 'British values' is the single most important cause of terrorism. We therefore support closer collaboration between different campaigning, religious and community organisations to call on the government to end its Prevent strategy.
- We support and encourage more political debate in schools, colleges and universities and reject attempts to close down and censor dissenting voices. We welcome open discussion with all young people about potentially radical ideas and call on all educational institutions to vigorously defend the right to free academic inquiry on issues considered 'controversial'.
- We pledge to take no Prevent funds and support non-cooperation, wherever possible, with local Prevent programmes.
The Islamic Human Rights Commission has produced a comprehensive page of Prevent Strategy Campaign resources and the following links are also helpful:
Donate via PayPal
News & Articles
- Academic Boycott
- Agricultural Trade
- Arms Trade
- BIN Media Releases
- BIN Statements
- Blood Diamonds
- Cultural boycott
- Divestment News
- G4S News
- International solidarity
- Israeli Apartheid
- Israeli Dates
- JNF News
- Sodastream & Eden Springs
- Sports News
- Student News
- Trade Unions
- Veolia News
Posted on April 6, 2016 | No CommentsIn your article on Niall Booker’s pay package (Co-op Bank defends chief’s £3.85m pay, Financial, 2 April) you state that the Co-op Bank presents itself as an ethical alternative […]
Posted on January 8, 2013 | No CommentsPalestinian agricultural organisations and the Palestinian BDS National Committee call for the launching of worldwide campaigns on February 9 against Israeli agricultural export corporations in light of their deep complicity […]
Statements Palestinian civil society applauds UK Co-operative movement decision to end trade with companies involved with Israeli violations of international lawPosted on May 3, 2012 | No CommentsOccupied Palestine, 3 May 2012 – Palestinian agricultural organisations and farmers unions are heartened to learn that the Co-Operative Group supermarket chain in the UK has introduced a policy to end […]
Posted on May 2, 2012 | No CommentsDear Board and Members of The Co-operative Group, As citizens and residents of Israel, we would like to convey our deep gratitude for your recent decision to sever ties with […]
Posted on May 1, 2012 | No CommentsOn April the 27th the Cooperative Group board made a historic and welcome decision to extend their Human Rights & Trade Policy. The Co-operative Group have demonstrated that human rights […]
Media Release: Campaigners welcome Co-operative Group move to end trade links with companies that source goods from illegal settlementsPosted on April 28, 2012 | No CommentsBoycott Israel Network (BIN) media release Saturday 28 April 2012 Palestine human rights campaigners today welcomed news that the UK’s fifth biggest food retailer, The Co-operative Group, will “no longer […]
Posted on May 27, 2011 | No CommentsThis article appeared on Leeds Jewish Telegraph (6th May).