BIN Media Contacts
We are a signatory to the 'Together Against Prevent' statement that says:
- We recognise and condemn the damage that Prevent’s “spot the potential terrorist” approach has made primarily in stigmatising and criminalising entire Muslim communities, but also to a growing number of political activists and campaigners labelled with ill-defined terms like “non-violent extremist” or “domestic extremist”.
- We view Prevent as a policy that is based on insufficient evidence to support the flawed assumption that 'extremist' ideology opposed to subjective 'British values' is the single most important cause of terrorism. We therefore support closer collaboration between different campaigning, religious and community organisations to call on the government to end its Prevent strategy.
- We support and encourage more political debate in schools, colleges and universities and reject attempts to close down and censor dissenting voices. We welcome open discussion with all young people about potentially radical ideas and call on all educational institutions to vigorously defend the right to free academic inquiry on issues considered 'controversial'.
- We pledge to take no Prevent funds and support non-cooperation, wherever possible, with local Prevent programmes.
The Islamic Human Rights Commission has produced a comprehensive page of Prevent Strategy Campaign resources and the following links are also helpful:
Donate via PayPal
News & Articles
- Academic Boycott
- Agricultural Trade
- Arms Trade
- BIN Media Releases
- BIN Statements
- Blood Diamonds
- Cultural boycott
- Divestment News
- G4S News
- International solidarity
- Israeli Apartheid
- Israeli Dates
- JNF News
- Sodastream & Eden Springs
- Sports News
- Student News
- Trade Unions
- Veolia News
Posted on May 30, 2012 | No CommentsDuring a second night of protests at Shakespeare’s Globe theatre on Tuesday, almost 20 peaceful protesters brought their message of opposition to Israeli apartheid, colonisation and settlement into the auditorium. […]
Press Release from BIN and BRICUP: Pro-Palestinian Protesters thwart draconian security at Globe TheatrePosted on May 28, 2012 | No CommentsFOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - MAY 28, 2012 [updated version, 29th May] Press Release from BIN - Boycott Israel Network and BRICUP - British Committee for the Universities of Palestine […]
Posted on May 28, 2012 | No CommentsPosted by Asa Winstanley on Twitter: http://pic.twitter.com/W0D7Koo1
Posted on May 28, 2012 | No CommentsZionists eat your hearts out! (oops, that could be taken as a reference to Shylock’s “pound of flesh” – no offence intended) #lovejustice4all trended no.1 in UK: http://twitpic.com/9qae31 – and no.2 […]
Posted on May 28, 2012 | No CommentsShakespeareans for Poetic Justice present: A Sonnet for Habima If all the world’s a stage – why then, the stage Must play its part if we would change the world. […]
Posted on May 28, 2012 | No CommentsVIDEO MESSAGE FROM MIRIAM MARGOLYES Israel’s pretence of keeping culture separate from politics has disintegrated in the days leading up the appearance of the flagship theatre company Habima at Shakespeare’s […]