BIN Media Contacts
We are a signatory to the 'Together Against Prevent' statement that says:
- We recognise and condemn the damage that Prevent’s “spot the potential terrorist” approach has made primarily in stigmatising and criminalising entire Muslim communities, but also to a growing number of political activists and campaigners labelled with ill-defined terms like “non-violent extremist” or “domestic extremist”.
- We view Prevent as a policy that is based on insufficient evidence to support the flawed assumption that 'extremist' ideology opposed to subjective 'British values' is the single most important cause of terrorism. We therefore support closer collaboration between different campaigning, religious and community organisations to call on the government to end its Prevent strategy.
- We support and encourage more political debate in schools, colleges and universities and reject attempts to close down and censor dissenting voices. We welcome open discussion with all young people about potentially radical ideas and call on all educational institutions to vigorously defend the right to free academic inquiry on issues considered 'controversial'.
- We pledge to take no Prevent funds and support non-cooperation, wherever possible, with local Prevent programmes.
The Islamic Human Rights Commission has produced a comprehensive page of Prevent Strategy Campaign resources and the following links are also helpful:
Donate via PayPal
News & Articles
- Academic Boycott
- Agricultural Trade
- Arms Trade
- BIN Media Releases
- BIN Statements
- Blood Diamonds
- Cultural boycott
- Divestment News
- G4S News
- International solidarity
- Israeli Apartheid
- Israeli Dates
- JNF News
- Sodastream & Eden Springs
- Sports News
- Student News
- Trade Unions
- Veolia News
JNF News Archive
Posted on May 22, 2013 | No CommentsStop the JNF Media Release 20 May 2013 On March 21st the Stop the JNF campaign made an application to the Charity Commission for the removal of Jewish National Fund […]
Posted on March 30, 2013 | No Comments30 March 2013 Stop the JNF UK On 30 March 1976, thousands of Palestinians living as a minority in Israel mounted a general strike and organised protests against Israeli government […]
Posted on March 20, 2013 | No CommentsOn Thursday 21st March Palestine solidarity activists will submit a Stop the JNF application to the Charity Commission to remove JNF UK charities from the register. Join us if […]
Posted on December 10, 2012 | No CommentsLessons of Dispossession; Acts of Resistance. From January 5th – January 14th 2013, the Stop the JNF Campaign is running a 10-day visit to Palestine, providing the opportunity to: Gain an overview […]
Posted on May 27, 2011 | No CommentsStop The JNF 27 May 2011 Stop the JNF Campaign: Media Release Prime Minister David Cameron has quietly terminated his status as an Honorary Patron of the controversial Jewish National […]